Saturday, September 25, 2010

Is this how I start?

So I have never wanted to start a blog before. I always said it was sort of dumb, however, I am now eating my own words. I really can't tell you why I decided to give this a shot. It just seemed like something I should give a try. I know this is really boring right now. I'm really not this bad of a writer. I actually secretly love to write. Stories, poems, lyrics to songs. I guess one reason I decided to start a blog is because of my secret love for writing. I thought it could be a nice place to sit and write.
Today was the LDS Women's conference. I really loved President Thomas S. Monson's talk. He talked about not judging others. Not by their looks or by the silly, dumb things they do. It is not our place to judge them. We are not perfect ourselves. This talk made me take a step back from my life and ask myself how many times a day I judge people or criticise someone for something i really have no business doing. It's true that we do not know the circumstances others have in their lives. I wish I could say that I have not judged people in my life. However, saying such a thing would be completely false. I guess I just have to work on making myself a better person. To focus on loving those around me and seeing the good, instead of seeing the negative things. Mother Teresa (Via President Thomas S. Monson) said, "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." If we choose now to love those around us, then it will be easier to not judge or criticise them.
Anyway, I know this probably isn't a very good post. I've never done one, and at the same time I am very tired. It was a very long and tiring day. 3 and a half hours of teaching in the morning. Then rushing off to the What a Women Wants show with my mom, sister, and sister in law. And then quickly driving off to Lifetime Fitness to work in the Child Center for 4 hours. Then coming home to watch the Women's conference. Very busy, but all so worth it! I can honestly say that I love my job's! I may not love the craziness that sometimes surrounds it, but the kids are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment